Amazon India is the biggest eCommerce site in India. They sold more than 100 million products in the Great India Festival sale. Customers can find any type of product of Amazon. Thus, it is a good idea to sell your products on Amazon and become one of those high earning seller in India.
If you think that Amazon’s presence can threaten your offline business, then it is perfect to move to an online platform. You can use Amazon’s huge presence for selling your products.
Becoming a seller on amazon is one of the best ways to earn money from Amazon India
In this article, we will tell you how to become a seller on Amazon India and also on how to become successful in this field.
Table of Contents
Why should you sell on Amazon India?
Amazon India is the largest online marketplace in India. There are already more than 3 lakh sellers more than 3 billion products listed on Amazon.
“Amazon India has more 100 sellers who earned more than 1 crore rupees” – Amazon India country head Amit Agarwal
If you are selling your product on Amazon, then you will get access to millions of customers.
The shopping patterns of Indians are changing with time. Most people are using online platforms for buying products. This is already affecting the offline market.
Even students can sell their products on Amazon. Thus, it is very easy to sell your products on Amazon.
Steps for getting started with Amazon
1. Register as Amazon Seller
You need following documents for registering on Amazon:
- PAN Card
- Bank account
- KYC Documents (Address Proof and ID Proof)
- GSTIN Number
- If you have a private label brand, then you also need rand/Trademark authorization or undertaking.
If you have all the documents, then you can follow the below steps for registering on Amazon Seller.
Step 1: First, you need to open this link in your browser and click on Register Now. [https://sellercentral.amazon.in]
Step 2: If you don’t have an Amazon ID, then you need to sign up on Amazon.
Step 3: You need to verify your mobile number on the next page. Make sure that you are using your business number.
Step 4: After that, you need to submit some basic details of your business. You need to enter your store name. Also, you need to choose any product category. You can always change your product category in the future.
Step 5: Now, you need to fill your tax details. You need to enter your GST number and PAN card. It is also mandatory to link your bank account with Amazon.
It is best to sign up as an individual seller in starting. In this, you don’t need to pay any monthly fee to Amazon. However, Amazon will charge some commission per transaction.
Step 6: You will get a confirmation call from Amazon India. After that, you can list your products. This process will hardly take 3-5 minutes.
2. Product Research
You can also do product research on Amazon India. This will help you in finding products that can be sold fast. Thus, you can sell products that have a good turnover rate.
Amazon has a sales rank feature. You can use it for finding trending products. If some product has ranked over 50, then it is perfect for selling. This step will help you in finding the right product category. If you already have your own product, then you can skip this step.
3. List your products
You need to list your products after creating your Amazon seller account. There are two different ways to list your products. You can add your listing to the existing items. In this, you need to find a similar product n Amazon. After that, you can add your product to that list. There are more than 3 billion products on Amazon. Thus, you will use this option mostly.
You can follow below steps to list your products on Amazon India:
Step 1: First, you need to login to your seller account. After that, navigate to the inventory. Now, click on the “Add a Product” option. You need to choose an appropriate category for your product. For example, if you are selling e-books then you need to select books as a category.
Step 2: You can also follow the Listing tour for completing the listing process. Amazon will help you in listing your product for the first time.
Step 3: Now, you need to find the product that you are selling. For example, if you are selling “In Search of lost” book, then you need to search for it. After that, you need to tap on the list option.
Step 4: After that, you need to enter the product details. You can also change the price.
Step 5: Finally you need to submit your product listing.
If you are a pro seller, then you can also use a spreadsheet for creating your product listing. Thus, you can upload multiple products. First, you need to create a product data file in MS Excel. After that, you can directly upload it to your seller dashboard.
4. Shipping Plan
You need to choose a shipping plan for your product. There are mainly two shipping plans available on Amazon:
i) FBM or Fulfilment by a merchant
In this, you have to take care of the shipment process. Amazon will pass on the order to you. After that, you have to make sure that the product is shipped on time. If you are not shipping your products on time, then your seller rating will go down. You can charge extra money for shipping. This is perfect for those sellers that have their own inventory. They can easily pack the products and ship them to customers.
ii) FBA or Fulfilment by Amazon
FBS is the best option for sellers. You can ship your products directly to the Amazon. They will keep it in their warehouse. In this, you will be actually selling to the Amazon. They will keep your products in the warehouse. Also, they will ship your customers.
If you are using FBA, then your product will be eligible for Prime listing. Most buyers prefer using Amazon Prime. Prime shipping will ensure that your buyers can get products in 1-2 days.
Also, your product will receive a better listing on Amazon searches. You can send your products in bulk to Amazon. Thus, you don’t need to worry about packing for an individual buyer.
Advantages of FBA
- Less Hassle: You don’t need to focus on managing your warehouse and logistics. Amazon will take care of these complicated things. You only need to focus on selling and marketing your products.
- Customer Service: Amazon will also provide customer service. They will handle the returns requests. If you are a new seller, then you don’t need to worry about customer services.
- The tag of “FBA”: Amazon has invested a huge amount of money in building its delivery system. Thus, customers also trust products that have an FBA tag. FBA will ensure that they will get their delivery without any hassle.
- Amazon Prime: Your products will become eligible for Amazon Prime. Thus, you can attract more customers. Most people prefer using Amazon prime due to free delivery.
- Dropshipping: You can also use amazon FBA for drop-shipping your products.
However, you need to pay extra fees to Amazon for the FBA. Amazon will take some percentage of your products. If your product shipping charge is more than 1000 INR, then Amazon can charge up to 30% fees.
Amazon can also charge you an extra fee. This extra fee will depend on many things like storage costs, item weight, and handling fees.
There are many advantages of using Amazon FBA service. However, it will also cost you more. This will reduce your profit margin. But, you will get access to more potential customers. This will help you in increasing your sales volume. If you are a new seller, then Amazon FBA is perfect for you. You can switch to the FBM model after gaining some good ratings.
How to get more sales on Amazon?
It is easy to list your product on Amazon. However, it is very hard to sell your product. There are currently more than 300k sellers on Amazon.
Most customers check reviews before purchasing any product. If you have good reviews, then you will sell more products. You should use some money for promoting your products.
There are two different ways to use your promotional budget:
- Create promotional campaigns: You can sell your product at 50% off for attracting more customers. There are many deal websites where you can promote your campaign. These sites will also promote your product for free. You can try websites like Couponraja and Coupondunia. You can Facebook advertising to increase your sales.
- Amazon Advertising: You can also use Amazon ads for increasing your sales. There are three different ways to promote your product:
- Sponsored Products: In this, Amazon will show your product ad in the search results. You need to first do some keyword research for this. Also, you will only pay when someone clicks on your ad.
- PPC: This is similar to the Sponsored products. But, in this, your ad will be placed above the search results. This will help you in attracting more customers.
- Amazon Store: This is amazing advertising and merchandising tool. You can use it for showcasing your products. There are many features available in this tool. Thus, you can customize your webpage according to your needs.
The Indian e-commerce market is still in its initial phase. It is going to grow with time. Thus, this is the best time to enter it. You can establish your own brand store in a few months. Amazon will also help you in growing your business. You can target a lot of potential customers on Amazon. Also, you will get access to amazing services like FBA.
For more useful articles, please subscribe to our newsletter (see at the top)