QuickBooks Hosting which is also called Hosted QuickBooks or QuickBooks Cloud includes the installation of the QuickBooks Desktop on the online server hosted over the internet to allow access through a web browser from any place. In simple words, data and files are only allowed to be accessed by the authorized user in a Hosted QuickBooks from any place and at any time, without installing it on a local system. Hosted QuickBooks Cloud delivers the best of both worlds for a user, the power of the QuickBooks Desktop, and the adaptability of the QuickBooks Online.
Here is how QuickBooks Hosting works:
- Licensed software of QuickBooks is installed on the server of a hosting provider.
- Any user trying to obtain the data is granted access over the Internet with particular specifications:
- Robust security steps are imposed to protect the application
- Link between the server and the end-user device is created with the help of Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) that can be set up to log in as the authorized user.
- Server is configured to give access from any device like a desktop, mobile phone, tablet, etc. running on various Operating Systems/programs such as Windows, iOS, macOS, Android, etc.
- The user gets access and utilizes QuickBooks through a web browser or RDP shortcut. The rest of the functionalities, UI design and other features stay the same as the desktop version.
- All the modifications performed on hosted QuickBooks are automatically saved and will be updated to all entitled users. QuickBooks can also be used on a Cloud Hosted Virtual Desktop for better efficiency.
Is QuickBooks Hosting better than QBD?
The desktop version of QuickBooks is one of the most robust and advanced accounting software. However, there are several restrictions that the software carries that can limit accountants and CPAs from reaching the highest potential.
Here are some restrictions associated with QuickBooks Desktop:
- Restricted user access
- Can’t be accessed remotely
- Resources are limited to the local device
- Doesn’t allow simultaneous collaboration
- Files and data are stored on the local device
- Complicated sharing and exchange of files
- No automated updates
- No automation in data entry
The majority of the restrictions stated above can be eliminated by the use of cloud technology. As QuickBooks Hosting is on cloud technology, it receives all the advantages and functions that the cloud has to offer such as:
- Tracking funds real-time
- Effortless file sharing with countless users
- Multi-user access
- Adaptability and scalability for resources
- Decreases local IT costs
- Instant integration with other add-ons
- Data backups for recovery
3 Methods of QuickBooks Hosting:
- Dedicated Hosting: Several users are linked instantly to the server on which QuickBooks is installed.
- User-to-user Hosting: This hosting method is generally utilized for on-premises hosting. In this, a single user hosts the software and data to grant access to additional users on the network.
- Alternative Hosting: One main user is linked to the hosting server through the Internet. Other users connect to the main user to access the software from the local network.
Apps4Rent is the best service provider for Hosting QuickBooks on the cloud with great support and maintenance of data. They also offer additional services to Migrate Email to Office 365 and much more.