In today’s hyper connected world literally everyone with an internet connection is accessing the cloud every day through one way or the other. And this holds true for all organizations; as cloud has become an inseparable part of an organization’s operations and it is quite obvious that you need a network monitoring solution for cloud.
Organizations rely on cloud offering to deliver content to users like never before in a reliable, fast and secure way. In spite of all the benefits, the complex hybrid cloud infrastructure requires a robust solution to constantly monitor the system to optimize and eliminate threats if they arise.
There is no doubt that cloud monitoring is important for organizations but how does it actually work?
The cloud has many aspects to it, and it’s essential to monitor it to guarantee everything works consistently for seamless operations. It essentially incorporates the following:
- Site checking: Tracking the procedures, traffic, accessibility and asset usage of cloud-facilitated sites
- Virtual machine checking: Monitoring the virtualization foundation and individual VMs
- Monitoring Databases: Monitoring forms, questions, accessibility, and utilization of cloud database assets like Azure
- Monitoring VMs: Monitoring virtual system assets, gadgets, associations, and VM execution
- Monitoring Distributed storage: Monitoring stockpiling assets and their procedures provisioned to VMs, administrations, databases, and applications.
Key Benefits of Cloud Monitoring At a Glance
Cloud monitoring helps in minimizing downtime and optimizing performance.
- Data Security
- API optimization for performance
- Application workflow to facilitate cloud management
- No IT infrastructure required
- No CAPEX – only pay monthly subscription
- Quick Setup and Installation as infrastructure is already in place
- Scale as you need – can cater to organizations of different sizes
- Zero Downtime
- Start monitoring right away
- Quick Installation
- Unified Dashboard
- Open API for seamless integration
- Improved business efficiency
- Complete Visibility into Cloud Resources
- Monitor services and apps from any location having internet access
Having explored a wide array of network monitoring solutions for cloud available in the market, figured out that Motadata is a unified product suite for IT operations management offering insights into your IT infrastructure and performance.
Monitoring private, public, and hybrid clouds is simpler in the event that you work in a private cloud for reasons we referenced before (visibility & control), as you approach the cloud infra.
A hybrid cloud infrastructure presents a set of unique monitoring challenges, since data is a part of both public and private cloud environments.. Synchronization for the database can be a tough task as well, but dividing this data into smaller chunks, quickly and more efficiently can help reduce the number of issues that might take place in the future.
Despite the fact that private cloud gives you more control, regardless you have to dig out outstanding burdens to guarantee ideal execution. Without a clear picture of remaining tasks at hand, you can’t measure the viability of nature of administered cloud resources usage at different levels.
IT monitoring software (ITOM) like Motadata are useful for cloud monitoring, as they can follow execution, report results, and caution you to conceivable administration disturbances. This software for ITOM can help users monitor, analyse, optimize and then resolve the detected issues at any layer of cloud environment from the base right up to the end-user experience to get the best possible visibility on cloud assets.
Motadata monitors Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, and hybrid cloud environments. Motadata’s cloud monitoring platform which is a part of ITOM software also known as Infrastructure Intelligence Platform (IIP) monitors metrics such as the availability, response time, and frequency of usage of cloud assets, etc. to make ensure that it performs at optimal levels, 24 x 7 all the time.