At the end of the day if your products are not selling then they have to close their company, it applies for all the three sectors even the primary sector need to sell its outcomes at right time and for right price or else it will be perished it applies to secondary and tertiary sector also .So the individual or the team who sells the product are the heart of the company and standing as a company’s face to the customer if the product is not good then the sales person has to take the critics from the customers if it is good then he will carry the appreciation. Right feedback from the sales team helps the business to address their customer needs and to figure out the potential opportunity in the market which could help the business development team to devise a strategy.
Getting a sales jobs is easier than any other domain but to become the successful salesman you need to know the tricks, after experiencing sales profile in MNC I am writing down my observations and how he can improve him.
Many companies started realizing the fact the sales profile is much important than any other so they need to recruit a well-groomed people from big institutions or people with good experience in the market. The pay is also good for sales than operations.
But there is also opportunity for others in the arena like insurance companies, credit card sales, Rmx and so on where they need not to have high qualifications .Companies recruit these people for low basic pay and make them to work on incentive basis so these people work hard to sell more cards or concrete.
Whatever the product is there are something a sales person should know to become successful.
- Since he is representing the company he needs to dress well need not a branded one but a neat one with polished shoes since he is representing the company by seeing him the customer will get good impression on the company in this regard we can appreciate medical representatives they maintain very good outfit though the tie is not needed.
- He should have a very good communication skill I mean need not to be fluent in English he should able to communicate his intention in his own language either it is Hindi or Telugu he should able to make customer to understand what he is trying to say.
3.Should have the complete knowledge on his product right from top to bottom it is the duty of the company to train his salesperson to have a complete knowledge about the product than any other department he should be in position to answer all the customer queries.
- Should not give any fake promises to customers, because most of the companies act on incentive basis to sell the product salesmen are giving some fake details like how MTS salesman gave me almost 90% incorrect details about the scheme and sold the product (MTS dongle) at the time activation I came to know the original scheme which made me a frustrated customer on MTS ,motivated me to mention their brand here. Explain only what your company is doing.
- Respect your customer time ,he got lot of works to do but meeting your client is the only job for you so be five minutes earlier then the fixed appointment time. Don’t be late even if he delays be patient.
- Most of the time if the product fails or not delivered at the right time customer will only call and scold you. You are not supposed to react but respond you and your company know it is quality function mistake but your customer won’t understand that because you got the money from him.
- Coordinate with your customer till the product or service reach him completely.
- If it is B2B business try to maintain a long term relationship with the customer follow relationship marketing strategies.
- Since you are a salesman you have to handle lot of pressures from your company to achieve the target and from your customer for faulty service you have to handle both of them equally to overcome this issues practice yoga and meditation it will give complete control and I did it.
- Maintain a sales kit separately which holds your visiting card, customer cards, a personal notebook and what you needed. Write down everything in a personal notebook regarding the appointment.
These are the ten points I felt important you can also some more interesting points in comment section down below.