As more and more people cut the cord and move away from traditional cable television, streaming services are becoming increasingly popular. But with so many diﬀerent services out there, paying for each just to watch one or two shows can get expensive.
Enter FAST channels: a free, ad-supported streaming service that makes it easy to watch your favorite movies, shows, and sports without breaking the bank.
FAST stands for Free Ad-Supported Television, which oﬀers hundreds of channels streaming in Full HD. Much like cable TV, FAST channels include popular channels such as ABC, NBC, CBS, and Fox.
Instead of being paid for by the subscriber, FAST channels generate revenue from advertisements. This means that there’s no need to pay a monthly subscription fee, but you will be subjected to ads during the content you watch.
This form of channel streaming has become popular in the last few years as people are looking for more cost-eﬀective ways to watch their favorite shows. Now, there are over 1,400 FAST channels available in the US.
On-demand streaming is an increasingly popular way of watching TV, movies, and shows without having to subscribe to a cable or satellite provider. With on-demand streaming, you can watch whatever you want, whenever you want—there’s no need to wait for your favorite show’s scheduled airing time. These streaming platforms include subscription-based services such as Netflix, Hulu, and Peacock.
Unlike FAST channels, on-demand streaming services feature limited commercials and don’t oﬀer the same breadth of channels that FAST channels do. They only offer TV shows and movies that have already been produced, while FAST channels oﬀer access to live content.
FAST channels like Pluto, Xumo, and IMDb TV oﬀer a variety of programming, including sports, news, and documentaries—all available for free. This is one of the biggest advantages that FAST channels have over on-demand streaming services.
They are a great way to get access to the same shows and networks you’d find on cable without having to pay the high monthly subscription fees. So if you’re someone who likes to channel surf or watch the news, FAST channels give you a way to watch what you want on your smart TV or connected TV device.
FAST channels have the potential to revolutionize TV advertising, as they give advertisers access to new audiences.
For many marketers, streaming services oﬀer a great opportunity to reach target audiences more eﬃciently and cost-eﬀectively than traditional television ad campaigns. With FAST channels, those who use CTV marketing have another platform to reach viewers.
Advertisers can use FAST channels to target consumers who are more likely to be interested in their products and services, as well as those who would be diﬃcult or costly to reach with traditional television ads.
According to TV viewership trends, 58% of TV viewers use FAST TV platforms as a part of their viewing experience. This means that FAST channels oﬀer a great opportunity for advertisers to reach an engaged audience.
FAST channels are an ideal platform for marketers to reach target viewers with their ads. They oﬀer a variety of targeting options, such as demographic and behavioral targeting, that make it easy to find the right audience for your campaign.
Additionally, FAST channels allow advertisers to leverage data analytics to measure the effectiveness of their campaigns. This enables them to optimize their campaigns for maximum return on investment (ROI).
When advertising on FAST TV channels (or any streaming platform, for that matter), here are a few best practices to keep in mind:
- Utilize data-driven insights to target the right audience. Collect customer and viewership data based on location, age, gender, interests, and more to ensure your ads are reaching the right people.
- Take advantage of advanced targeting options such as retargeting and lookalike audiences to reach viewers who are likely interested in your product or service.
- Leverage creative formats that stand out from the competition. Use vibrant visuals and captivating copy that will grab viewers’ attention.
- Develop campaigns tailored to each FAST channel’s platform. Work with FAST channel partners to create content that is optimized for their platform, such as shorter video ads.
- Set up tracking and measurement tools to analyze the success of your campaigns. Monitor data such as impressions, clicks, and conversions for each FAST channel you advertise on.
- Pay attention to ad specs and ensure you are following the guidelines for each FAST channel, as failure to do so could result in your ads being rejected or not appearing as they should).
FAST channels are a great way for advertisers to reach new audiences, as well as leverage data-driven insights and advanced targeting options. When used in combination with other streaming services, FAST channels give marketers an opportunity to create truly effective campaigns that can generate high ROI. By following the best practices outlined above, you can ensure that your campaigns are optimized for success and reach the right viewers on FAST channels.