The value of technology degree is increasing with time. We are already entering the age of automation. Thus, the demand for programmers is increasing in the market. Currently, CS majors are getting the highest paying job offers. According to a survey by CareerBuilder, the number of CS students has increased by 32%. It has the highest growth rate when compared to other degrees. There are many other high paying technologies.
If you have a degree in a computer-related field, then you can find well-paying jobs. The projected growth rate of tech-related jobs is 11% more when compared to average U.S jobs. In this article, we are going to talk about 12 best tech jobs.
1. Data Scientist
Average Salary: $141,100
Data Scientist is the sexiest job of this century. Companies are collecting huge amounts of data from their customers. Data Scientists are helping companies in interpreting and analyzing these complex data. This is helping companies in taking better business decisions.
Data Scientist is a very new field. Thus, there are very few qualified candidates.
According to a report by Burtch Works, senior data scientist managers can make more than $250,000 per year.
Data science is a very diverse field. However, the main responsibility of every data scientist is to evaluate data. They create machine learning tools for tech companies.
Companies can use these tools for analysing their complex data. Also, it is the responsibility of the data scientist to collect and organize data. Data scientist is currently the highest paying technologies.
You must have a good understanding of statistical theory. If you have a background in Maths, then you must already know about statistical theory.
You must have a strong knowledge of big data techniques like Hive and Spark. Also, you must have experience in Machine learning. Check out Data Science Course For Beginners.
Coding skills are also very important for this job. You must have proficiency in at least one high-level programming language. Most companies are giving preference to Python and R. Experience of working with large data sets.
2. DevOps Engineer
Average Salary: $123,000
DevOps engineers are responsible for automating and streamlining existing processes and systems. They also need to maintain and build tools for deployment and monitoring systems. It is also their responsibility to resolve issues in production, testing, and development environment.
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Ruby, Gradle, and Bash.
- Experience with complex data structures, OOPs design and multi-threading.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools like Jenkins and Tools.
- Experience with Linux and other operating systems.
3. Artificial Intelligence (AI) Architect
Average Salary: $119,000
Automation is becoming more common with time. Companies are using AI for doing their repetitive tasks. Thus, there is a huge demand for AI architects. An AI Architect is responsible for developing and managing AI applications. It has the potential to beat data scientist jobs in the future. However, you need a strong skill set for working with AI.
- Deep Knowledge of Statistics and Mathematics.
- Proficiency in programming languages like R, Python, and Torc.
- Experience of working with Tensor-flow and other AI technologies.
- Knowledge of technologies related to Deep Learning, Neural Networks, Machine Learning, and AI.
4. Data Engineer
Average Salary: $115,433
Data Engineers are responsible for building systems that can handle big data. They design, build, maintain and test architectures. Also, they have to handle databases and data-processing systems. It is their responsibility to collect data from various sources.
Also, they need to filter this data in different categories. Data Engineers mostly work on creating complex algorithms for big data. They use these algorithms for predictive modeling and sorting data. It is one of the highest paying technologies.
- Knowledge of Statistical modeling and analysis.
- Knowledge of Machine learning algorithms and predictive modeling.
- Knowledge of various coding languages, NoSQL technologies, SQL technologies, and Hadoop-based technologies.
- Experience of working with data-warehousing solutions.
5. Product Manager
Average Salary: $111,000
Product managers are responsible for developing products. First, they have to conduct market research for finding potential products. They also need to determine product requirements. After that, they need to set production benchmarks and timelines.
Product managers need to monitor their whole project work. Sometimes they also work on developing marketing strategies. Thus, they are the backbone of any software project.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with product management.
- Experience in web technologies and software development.
- Ability to develop products.
6. Solutions Architect
Average Salary: $111,000
Solutions architects are responsible for managing complex processes. They help companies in solving their business problems by using technology. It is the duty of a solution architect to find solutions for complex problems. They have to define the features of the solution to the project stakeholders. Also, they need to find the best tech solution for any given problem. It is one of the highest paying technologies.
- You must have knowledge of cloud technology and IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge about software architectural design.
- Experience of working in various IT fields.
- Strong programming skills.
7. Full-Stack Developer
Average Salary: $110,000
Full Stack Developer has knowledge of both back-end and front-end development. Thus, they can create a complete project on their own. There is a very high demand for full-stack developers. Also, their demand is going to only increase with time.
Full Stack developers are also responsible for building and designing API using stack technologies. They have to ensure that all the applications are responsive. Also, they need to test their code for vulnerabilities. MERN Stack is one of the highest paying technologies that you should learn.
- Knowledge of technologies like Node.js, AngularJS, and MongoDB.
- Experience of working with API.
- Expertise in database technologies.
8. Security Engineer
Average Salary: $100,000
According to a report by Gemalto, more than 1 billion data records were stolen in 2014. This shows the urgent need for security engineers. It is the responsibility of a security engineer to protect computer systems and networks.
They develop various strategies for dealing with cyber attacks. Security Engineers also need to work on a disaster recovery strategy. This strategy will ensure that company data is protected in case of a data breach.
- Knowledge of various programming languages like Python and C.
- Expertise in technologies, methods and disaster recover.
- Experience with IDS systems, vulnerability scanners, and firewalls.
- Knowledge of risk-assessment methods, tools, and technologies.
9. Software Engineer
Average Salary: $92,046
Software Engineers are responsible for creating applications. Thus, they are always in demand. Software Engineers use their knowledge of coding languages to develop applications. Most companies prefer candidates that have a degree in computer science.
- Knowledge of relational data modeling, basic database design, and SQL.
- Experience of working with enterprise systems.
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
10. UX Designer
Average Salary: $85,000
UX Designers work on creating the design of any application or website. They use research data, product specifications and user psychology for creating website concepts.
Also, they have to work together with web developers. UX Designers are also responsible for testing the interface of the website. They have to use creative ways to fix usability issues. Also, they use their knowledge to develop prototypes and wireframes for meeting users’ needs.
- Knowledge of design software like Balsamiq and UXPin.
- Experience with research and project management.
- Experience of working with different web technologies.
10. Systems Engineer
Average Salary: $78,000
System Engineers are responsible for implementing computer systems for organizations. They combine their knowledge of coding and engineering for developing these computer systems.
System engineers must have communication, business, and mathematical skills. They are responsible for implementing new systems and evaluating them. Also, they have to fix bugs in legacy systems. System Engineers are also responsible for preparing specifications and progress reports.
- Deep Knowledge of Operating systems and hardware.
- Good communication skills.
- Experience of fixing systems and networks.
- Experience in implementing new network infrastructure.
- Degree in computer science or math.
12. Software Developer
Average Salary: $77,000
Software developers are responsible for designing and testing software programs. They also implement them in business systems. Software developers are also responsible for modifying existing software.
They have to develop QA testing methods. Also, they have to train new users. Sometimes they also have to implement programs, monitor systems and integrate systems. Thus, they must have a strong knowledge of CS fundamentals.
- Proficiency in programming languages like Ruby, C#, Java, and Python.
- Good knowledge of Algorithms and data structures.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Expertise in OOPs design.
- Experience in debugging and software testing.
These are the top 12 high paying technologies in the IT field. There are many other fields like digital marketing and sales engineer that you can try. Technology is only going to become more important with time.
Thus, the demand for programmers is going to increase with time. It is the best time to learn about the latest technologies and programming languages. You can use this list for finding your next dream job.