The iPhone 7 is a popular smartphone model that is still widely used today. However, accidents happen, and it is not uncommon for iPhone 7 owners to experience a cracked or broken screen. If you find yourself in this situation, the good news is that iPhone 7 screen replacement is possible.
Replacing the screen on an iPhone 7 can be done either by a professional repair service or by doing it yourself. In this article, we will provide a comprehensive guide and review of iPhone 7 screen replacement, covering everything you need to know before you decide to replace your screen.
Pros and Cons of iPhone 7 Screen Replacement
- Cost-effective: Replacing the screen on an iPhone 7 is a cost-effective option compared to purchasing a new phone.
- Convenience: You can replace your iPhone 7 screen at home with the right tools and a step-by-step guide.
- Same-day repair: If you take your iPhone 7 to a professional repair service, they can replace the screen on the same day.
- Warranty: Most professional repair services offer a warranty on their screen replacements, providing peace of mind.
- Risk of damage: Replacing the screen on an iPhone 7 requires precision and skill. If you attempt to do it yourself and make a mistake, you could cause more damage to your phone.
- Loss of water resistance: If you replace your iPhone 7 screen, it may no longer be water-resistant. This is because the adhesive that seals the screen to the frame is difficult to replicate.
- Quality: The quality of the replacement screen may not be the same as the original Apple screen. If you opt for a cheaper replacement screen, you may notice a difference in color, brightness, and touch sensitivity.
Guide to iPhone 7 Screen Replacement:
Option 1: Professional Repair Service
If you are not comfortable with replacing your iPhone 7 screen yourself, you can take it to a professional repair service. Here is what you can expect from the process:
Step 1: Find a reputable repair service.
Do your research and find a reputable repair service that has experience with iPhone 7 screen replacements. Read reviews and ask for recommendations from friends and family.
Step 2: Get a quote.
Contact the repair service and ask for a quote for the screen replacement. Most repair services offer same-day repairs, so you can have your phone back in no time.
Step 3: Hand over your phone.
Once you have agreed to the quote, hand over your phone to the repair service. They will replace the screen and test your phone to make sure it is working properly.
Step 4: Pick up your phone.
Once the repair is complete, pick up your phone from the repair service. Most repair services offer a warranty on their screen replacements, providing peace of mind.
Option 2: DIY Screen Replacement
If you are comfortable with DIY projects, you can replace your iPhone 7 screen yourself. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Purchase a replacement screen and tools.
Purchase a replacement screen and the necessary tools to replace the screen. You can find replacement screens and tool kits online or at a local electronics store.
Step 2: Back up your data.
Before you start the replacement process, back up all of your data to avoid losing any important information.
Step 3: Remove the old screen.
Use a pentalobe screwdriver to remove the two screws at the bottom of the phone. Then use a suction cup to lift the screen away from the phone.
Step 4: Disconnect the cables.
Disconnect the cables that connect the screen to the phone. Use a small screwdriver to remove the shield covering the connectors, and then carefully disconnect them.
Step 5: Remove the home button.
If you are replacing the home button along with the screen, carefully detach it from the old screen and attach it to the new one.
Step 6: Install the new screen.
Carefully align the new screen with the phone and reattach the cables. Then, reattach the shield and screws.
Step 7: Test the new screen.
Turn on your iPhone 7 and test the new screen to make sure everything is working properly.
Replacing the screen on an iPhone 7 can be a cost-effective and convenient option if you have a cracked or broken screen. You can either take it to a professional repair service or replace it yourself with the right tools and a step-by-step guide. However, there are also some risks to consider, such as the loss of water resistance and the quality of the replacement screen.
Overall, if you are comfortable with DIY projects and have experience with smartphone repairs, replacing your iPhone 7 screen yourself can be a rewarding and cost-effective option. However, if you are not comfortable with DIY projects or want to ensure the highest quality repair, it is recommended to take your phone to a reputable repair service.