The benefit of being an entrepreneur or a freelancer is the freedom to work where and when you want and need. However, your home may not always be the best place to work, and a coffee shop doesn’t promote privacy and quiet. If your home does not have the privacy to meet with clients or enable you to be efficient, you need a new space.
One option is sharing office space. A shared office space is a location where various entrepreneurs and freelancers can work while utilizing normal office amenities for a monthly fee. You can take your business to this space when and as you need.
Benefits of Coworking Spaces
For a start-up business keeping costs low and freelancers who do not need an official office, there are many benefits to utilizing coworking spaces.
- Amenities. Shared office spaces provide amenities including high-speed internet, scanning and printing services, receptionist, and security.
- Networking. You have the opportunity to continuously meet new people as other members utilize the space. These entrepreneurs will be from various industries to make networking even more advantageous and is a great way to market your business and gain referrals.
- No Maintenance. Not having your own building or office space will keep you from having to maintain and clean it. There is no obligation for you to purchase furniture, equipment, or office decor saving you time and money.
- Less Costly. Membership fees vary between coworking spaces, but are less costly than buying or leasing. You will not need a substantial financial commitment to use a desk and a quiet space. Your membership will also cover utilities.
- Mobility. If you travel with your business, check for companies that offer offices in other cities that you can book ahead of time to make sure you have the space you need in your new location.
When searching for shared office spaces, you can compare fees and what each has to offer with your business needs. If you do not require client meetings or do not expect immediate growth, a desk and chair with internet may be all you require. If you will be meeting with potential clients or setting up conference and video calls, availability of meeting rooms and privacy are important.
Having a comfortable and quiet location to work efficiently will benefit your work life whether you are an entrepreneur or a freelancer. Going to a shared office location when you need can give you privacy, concentration, and efficiency while enjoying the amenities of an office.